Friday, September 21, 2007

the official "how am i going to handle two" post

today was one of the moments you wonder how women did it when they had 5, 9, 13 children. Really. I have one right now, and I felt like I was losing it. Caden's schedule has beena little off this last week because I started substitute teaching. He goes to a sitter at 7am on those days. Normally, he wouldn't wake up on his own until closer to 8:30 or 9. While at this sitter, he eats lunch at 11am (normally noon) and goes down for a nap from noon until 2pm (normally 1:30/2:00 until 4-ish).

On these days, I wake up at 6am. I am completly responsible for getting myself ready and Caden, dropping him off at the sitter, picking him up and then Sky has been coming home and having do do homework, so I've been completly responsible for Caden. I feel like a single mother. I have homework too and HAVEN'T DONE ANY ALL WEEK! SKy doens't even bother to try and help. He just goes about his business like we aren't even awake with him.

It has completly ruined his schedule and on days like today, when we try to do a normal home routine, he is a disaster. He wakes up crying and spends all day fussy and whiny. I had a doctors appointment today where he was a total PIA.

I broke down in tears on the way home. I felt bad because I was yelling at him, yelling at the dogs, and it isn't their fault. I haven't had a second of time for me all week. Why can't some men just step up without having to be asked?

No comments: